Freeman’s Asian Arts Department offers a wide-variety of objects that encompass works from East Asia, the Asian sub-continent, as well as from the Middle East, Oceania, and Africa. With two sales a year in March and September, Asian fine and decorative art meets an ever-increasing global demand. Our internationally-trained specialists have proven expertise in ceramics, ivory, bronze, jade, and particularly Chinese furniture and scholars’ objects.
Highlights from recent auctions include:
· An Imperial jade seal in realized $3.5 million
· A collection of works by Chen Chi-Kwan (Chen Qi Kuan) sold for a combined $353,133
· A Ming Dynasty gilt bronze and cloisonne covered jar sold for $1.54 million
· A flambe-glazed bottle vase sold for $408,400
· Lee Man Fong's "Compoon" sold for $752,500
China’s rising prosperity, and the ability of Freeman's to source material of a high quality, has resulted in record prices at our auctions. Freeman’s welcomes consignments, from single objects to entire collections, and responds with discretion and expertise. Our team of specialists and consultants is able to advise on the current market and help achieve the best results by reaching a world-wide buying base. Please contact a member of our Asian Arts Department if you wish to discuss buying or consigning your works with us.