Freeman’s English & Continental Furniture and Decorative Arts Department offers a wide-range of property consigned from estates and private collections. Focused on works from the eighteenth and nineteenth-centuries, these sales include pieces from the Baroque to the mid twentieth-century, often with a strong representation of eighteenth-century English furniture and furnishings. The three sales each yearin January, May, and Octoberare traditionally highpoints of our auction calendar and attract a strong national and international client-base.
Highlights from recent auctions include:
· A large KPM porcelain plaque with a topographical view of Berlin realized $61,000
· A Louis Chalon bronze, "Octopus Dancer," achieved $53,800
· A George II mahogany library armchair for $42,500
· A Regency grand orrery sold for $49,000
· A pair of French enameled opaline vases for $41,600
Freeman’s international team of specialists and consultants are committed to providing each client with the best service and advice possible about the current market. We welcome consignmentsfrom single objects to entire collectionsand respond with discretion and expertise. Please contact a member of our Fine English and Continental Furniture and Decorative Arts Department if you wish to discuss buying or consigning with us.