Freeman's is a venerable organization, whose success is due in no small part to the dedication of our employees. Our staff members, from our knowledgeable client services team to our internationally recognized specialists, are all passionate about the work we do here at Freeman's. We share a commitment to providing the very best in customer service, professional integrity, and an enthusiasm for the auction business.
A family run business since 1805, Freeman’s holds tradition close, yet a progressive mind-set towards marketing and promotion, along with access to a team of top experts in the auction business. With international experience and comprehensive knowledge of market conditions, the specialists at Freeman’s, work closely with consignors and collectors to offer unparalleled service in the sale and purchase of fine art, antiques, jewelry, books and more.
Please note, international applicants must have the appropriate documentation allowing them to work in the region where they are applying. Freeman's regrets that unless otherwise stated in the application process, we are unable to assist in the application of visas or work permits if you do not possess these documents at the time of application.
Unless otherwise stated in the description, all postions are based at our main location in Philadelphia.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for management of the strategic objectives, and creation and administration of the digital marketing master plan. Additionally, the role holder is accountable for managing the team responsible for the digital marketing plan innovation effort and in successfully overseeing associated campaign implementation and delivery.
- Digital Marketing Planning of all sales
- Delivering digital campaign solutions which support consignment and sale mini digital planning
- Managing the end to end process for digital marketing initiatives for key specialist areas
- Managing all forms of digital advertising including paid and organic digital media
- Administering Google Analytic set up, management and reporting
- Managing all aspects of the digital marketing budget and delivering continuous improvement in the investment return of marketing investment
- Managing the team responsible for digital planning innovation and campaign delivery
- Ensuring coherent and integrated messaging across digital platforms
- Ensuring emerging digital technologies are effectively exploited by the digital team to meet objectives
- Proactive with a proven track record in exploiting new technology solutions to maximise marketing investment
- High-energy, highly motivated, self-starter, who is a conceptual and strategic thinker
- Demonstrates strong personal commitment and passion for the business and the brand proposition
- Highly accountable, demonstrating a “can-do” attitude and a results-driven orientation
- Works to create a collaborative environment and responds flexibly and openly to ideas coming from all areas of the business
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with and positively influence senior stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to ‘lead from the front’ and ensure that the team think innovatively in relation to digital marketing
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in managing and leading a team
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Freeman’s offers department internships throughout the year to provide hands-on experience and an in depth understanding of the fast-paced nature of the auction business.
The duration and start time of these internships vary, depending on the needs of the department to which you are applying. In general, internships last approximately four months or the duration of one school semester. Internships are open to students currently enrolled in college (either undergrad or graduate programs), or recent graduates looking to expand their experience.
Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be willing to work hard and get dirty, and have a passion for the business of fine art and antiques. For work with certain departments, special consideration will be given to applicants with a fluency in Chinese, Japanese, French, Arabic, or Russian.
Interns will be asked to perform a variety of duties, including providing general administrative support, special research projects, assisting the department with cataloging of property, providing excellent customer service to consignors and buyers, and working to help set up and break down sale exhibitions.
Those who are eligible to receive academic credit must provide written confirmation on university letterhead at the start of their internship. Freeman's will work with universities directly to provide the appropriate documentation needed in order to receive credit. There is no salary or stipend available for interns at Freeman's, nor is there any guarantee of employment once an internship is complete.
The departments and areas of specializations are as follows:
- Furniture & Decorative Arts; American, British, European and 20th Century Design
- Asian Arts
- Modern & Contemporary Art
- Fine Art: American Art & Pennsylvania Impressionist Paintings, Old Master & European Paintings
- Jewelry & Watches
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Books, Maps & Manuscripts
- Trusts & Estates and Appraisal Services
To apply please submit a current resume along with a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining your academic and professional goals to email@example.com. Your statement must indicate your department(s) of interest and detail how you might be an asset to them. Please also include the date range you will be available for an internship. All internships are based out of our main office in Philadelphia.