Dressed to Impress | Jewelry & Watches Auction Results
Freeman's Jewelry & Watches auction on May 4 proved that the jewelry market continues to bring strong prices, and shows no sign of slowing down. Interest in colored gems, colored diamonds and larger size diamonds of finer quality are still extremely desirable to international and domestic buyers alike. Prominent designers created the usual excitement and brought excellent results, featuring such brands as Van Cleef & Arpels, Cartier and Buccellati, to name a few.
The highlight of the auciton was an 11.46 carat round brilliant-cut diamond which sold for $305,000. Another star of the show was a diamond and platinum strap bracelet which brought $50,000. This bracelet was truly a work of art and although unsigned, shows that high quality diamonds and beautiful craftsmanship makes all the difference.
TOP LOTS | JEWELRY & WATCHES | 05/04/15
- An impressive diamond and platinum ring centering a round brilliant-cut diamond weighing: 11.46 carats, Sold for $305,000
- A diamond and platinum ring centering a pear-shaped diamond weighing: 7.32 carats, Sold for $68,750
- An Art Deco diamond and platinum bracelet, Sold for $50,000
- A diamond and platinum line bracelet, Sold for $45,000
- An aquamarine, diamond and eighteen karat rose gold cuff bracelet, Buccellati, circa 1960, Sold for $37,500
We have begun collecting for our fall auction in November 2015, which promises to continue to ride the trend of a strong international jewelry market. As of now we've brought together many impressive pieces for the autumn, and invite you to be a part of it. For more information, contact: