Freeman’s Jewelry and Watches sale brought more than $1.5 million on November 3. The sale featured remarkable diamonds and gemstones from private collections around the country and a selection of pieces from a prominent Philadelphia estate.
Diamond rings remained popular with collectors in this sale, with the focus of the auction falling on the 9.69 carat diamond and platinum ring. Fetching $93,750, the pear shaped diamond flanked by triangle cut diamonds attracted the attention of buyers as the room brimmed with anticipation until the conclusion of the sale. In addition, a distinctive 5.11 carat fancy yellow diamond, platinum and eighteen karat gold ring, hailing from Los Angeles, achieved $87.500.
Notable lots from Freeman’s November 3 Jewelry & Watches auction
- Lot 210 $93,750 Diamond and platinum ring.
- Lot 51 $87,500 Yellow diamond, diamond, platinum, and eighteen karat gold ring.
- Lot 207 $53,125 Diamond and eighteen karat gold ring.
- Lot 204 $50,000 Colored diamond, diamond, eighteen karat two-tone gold ring.
- Lot 115 $37,500 Colombian emerald, diamond and eighteen karat gold ring.
- Lot 26 $35,000 Natural pearl, diamond and platinum necklace.
- Lot 156 $30,000 Diamond and platinum ring.
- Lot 123 $28,750 Crystal, diamond, and eighteen karat gold jewelry suite.
- Lot 114 $26,250 Emerald, diamond, and eighteen karat gold pendant necklace.
- Lot 108 $25,000 Diamond and platinum ring.
Freeman’s Jewelry & Watches department is now accepting consignment for the May 2015 auction. For a complimentary and confidential consultation, please contact Department Head Michael Larsen at 818. 205.3608, email@example.com or specialist Virginia Salem at 917.328.7563, firstname.lastname@example.org