Information we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits from pages viewed and the resources that you access and other communication data.
- Voluntary information you provide such as your registration information.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned.
Cookies set by this website
Cookies: _utma (expires after 2 years); _utmb (expires after 30 minutes); _utmc (expires when you quit your browser); _utmz (expires after 6 months)
These cookies collect information about how our visitors use this site. This data is collected anonymously, and is used to help improve this website’s functionality. For more information, see Google Analytic’s page on safeguarding your data.
Most Internet browsers allow users to control the acceptance of cookies via the browser’s settings. Visit allaboutcookies.org to find out how to configure these settings on a number of major browsers.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the United States for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- We are committed to ensuring that any Personal Data we hold about you is properly safeguarded. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised access or disclosure and any loss, destruction or damage.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from external threats, however, please be aware that there are inherent security risks of sending information by public networks or on public computers and we cannot therefore guarantee the security of any data disclosed or transmitted over the internet.
- Where you sign-up to participate in auctions or receive other Services, you may be provided with log-in information and may have the ability to set passwords to allow you to access a personal account page. Where we do so, it is on the condition that you will be responsible for ensuring that such log-in information and any passwords are kept secure and confidential at all times. You will not share any log-in information or passwords, without our express authorization. We cannot be responsible for any loss or damage caused by your negligence, misuse of log-in details or your decision to share account access with others.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.